Today’s plan is ambitious.
- Put away Christmas decorations. Yes, we ARE that family, and in our defense, it’s not February yet.
- Grade a stack of papers. It’s the weekend; what else would a busy teacher be doing on the weekend?
- Pick up good friend at the airport and feed her with both bodily and emotional sustenance. She’s got a long road ahead of her as she navigates the death of her father.
- Grade another stack of papers. I think I need a sarcasm font (thanks for that one, Suzanne).
- Finish reading Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster.
- Grade a stack of papers. Oh, yay!
- Read all of Dancing at the Rascal Fair by Ivan Doig.
The idea of a reading mini-marathon came from Jillian at A Room of My Own, but I don’t think the mountains of student essays were part of her game plan when she did it last weekend. I’m also not a Tweeter, so I don’t think anyone will notice if I don’t actually get my reading done today. It’s at least a plan…we’ll see how I do. 🙂
P.S. If you’re on Facebook, please “like” my page. I’m feeling lonely and no one will ever want to advertise with me without at least 50 “likes.”